About HALO Baby Seat Safety System
We have a national problem. Each year, an average of 38 children die in hot cars. Even the best of parents or caregivers can unknowingly leave a sleeping baby in a car, and the end result can be injury or even death. The HALO Baby Seat Safety System is designed to effectively and affordable help parents to safeguard their children from these avoidable risks.
Our product is not yet available, but your support will help us garner the resources needed to bring this life-saving technology to families everywhere. Your no-cost product reservation will assist in demonstrating awareness and interest in making this available as quickly as possible.
How it Works.
- The HALO Seat Pad is placed snugly under the car seat cushion.
- The base unit, the “brains of the system”, is firmly attached to the side of the car seat.
- When the baby is placed in the car seat the system is automatically activated via the weight sensor.
- Each caregiver who transports the baby downloads their smartphone app and receives their own key pod unit which works with the system.
- If a driver exits the vehicle without removing the baby an alarm will sound on their phone and key pod to remind them to never leave your child unattended.
- If the driver does not hear or respond to the alarm, a louder alarm using a voice synthesizer in the base unit will sound, saying “baby in danger”, to hopefully alert passers-by.
- If the car becomes dangerously hot for the baby, whether the driver is in the car or not, a different alarm will sound. This will help caregivers know if there is a potential heat risk.
Benefits of HALO.
- Peace of mind for parents, no matter who’s minding their baby.
- Easily installed, with no hard wiring to the automobile needed.
- System is placed in the car seat, so automatically works in any car.
- The weight of the baby activates the system, so no driver has to remember to turn on the system.
- A low battery alert will sound, giving you ample time to replace the batteries.
- Multiple smartphones and key pods can be programmed to work with a single base unit.
- Phones and key pods can be programmed to work with multiple car seats, for those transporting more than one “car seat age” child.
- Helps avoid dangerous and potentially fatal situations for our children.